Best Bathroom Contractors Mosman For Bath Renovations
Suggestions For Successful Bathroom Renovations.
There is a reason why bathroom renovations on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide the most wow factor – a superb bath room reno can transform a damp, outdated bath room in to something beautiful and practical. That said, the process involves many trades and know-how that its also among the the toughest remodels of all. Bathrooms remodels can have a great deal of hidden expenses.
Issues can quickly emerge as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites may be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house may not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be repaired, so having a 20 percent allowance in your reno budget is ideal.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room renovation done correctly
1. It highly suggested that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room remodelling project. Plumbers only run the pipework and mount the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room reno project from demo to completion and arrange the proper sequence of trades. Tying to manage your bath room remodelling job yourself, if you dont have little to no experience, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive should you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Water proofing your bath room for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see water proofing equipment at their local hardware store and try to do the waterproofing by themselves, but find out that the costs for fixing a leaking pipe in the future can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are usually significant fines, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… purchase products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable brands will also mean less headaches down the track if you’d like a spare part.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old piping. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you that you have to upgrade your water lines, but its important to do it – especially if you have water lines inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the plumbing lines. Its recommend replacing all piping in addition to the connections with copper or even reputable plastic piping.
5. Do… stay clear of over capitalising. Its easy to spend too much, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have dreamed of ever since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which might be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you get when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move water pipes whenever you can avoid it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and thats very good news for your budget, but bear in mind that water pipes may need to be replaced to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted sink .
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs from the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves space? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may follow standard heights and it is usually costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you may end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to modify it, it’s your cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote