Best Bathroom Contractors Chatswood For Small Bathroom Design Ideas
Suggestions For Profitable Bath Room Restorations.
There’s a good reason why bath room renovations on home renovation remodelling shows often provide probably the most wow factor – an excellent bathroom reno can transform a damp, outdated bathroom in to something beautiful and functional. That being said, the process involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the toughest renos of all. Bathrooms remodels can have a great deal of hidden costs.
Issues can quickly emerge as soon as the tradies are on site. For example termites may be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house may not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be repaired, so having a twenty % allowance in your remodelling budget is ideal.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom reno done right
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room renovation project. Plumbers only run the pipework and mount the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room renovation project from demo to completion and arrange the correct sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bathroom remodelling job yourself, if you dont possess little to no practical knowledge, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very expensive should you make errors an experienced builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed contractor. People see water proofing tools at their local hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing by themselves, but discover that the costs of repairing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are usually significant penalties, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance has not been installed properly.
3. Do… buy products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bathroom need to be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will also mean less headaches later on when you need replacement parts.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated piping. Your eyes may glaze over in the event the plumber tells you to upgrade your piping, but its crucial to do it – especially if you have plumbing in the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the water lines. It is recommend replacing all pipes along with the connections with copper or reliable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… steer clear of over capitalising. Its easy to spend too much, especially if you buy expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have wanted ever since your trip to Asia. Remember if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might reflected in the price you get when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move water lines if you can help it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and thats good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may have to be reworked to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity .
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves room? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for items like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may stick to standard heights and it may be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning a project , because you may end up with your tradie telling you, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to change the contract, it’s your cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote