Best Bathroom Contractors Seven Hills For Bathroom Renovation Cost
Suggestions For Successful Bath Room Renos.
There’s a reason why bathroom remodels on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide probably the most wow factor – a good bathroom remodel can change a damp, dated bath room in to something beautiful and functional. That said, the process involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also among the the most difficult renos of all. Bathrooms renos can have plenty of hidden costs.
Issues can easily emerge as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites can be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be fixed, so having a 20 % allowance in your renovation budget is best.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room reconstruction done correctly
1. It highly recommended that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bath room remodelling project from demolition to completion and organise the proper sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bath room remodelling project yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very costly if you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about Do It Yourself. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see water proofing gear at their local hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs for repairing a leak later on can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there usually are significant fines, and it could result in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable brands will mean less headaches later on if you need a spare part.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated water lines. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you to update your pipes, but its important to do it – especially if you have water pipes inside the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed in the plumbing lines. It is recommend replacing all plumbing lines along with the connections with copper or even reputable plastic pipes.
5. Do… stay clear of over spending. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you purchase expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toiletseat that youve wanted ever since your trip to Japan. Remember if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move pipes if youre able to help it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and thats good news for your budget, but bear in mind that water pipes may need to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity .
7. Do… consider the positives and negatives of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves room? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for items like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may follow standard heights and it might be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before starting your project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to change it, It will be cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote