Best Bathroom Contractors Willoughby For Bathroom Renovation Company
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Profitable Bathroom Restorations.
There is a reason why bath room renovations on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide probably the most wow factor – a superb bathroom remodel can change a damp, outdated bathroom in to something amazing and functional. That said, the process involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also on the list of the hardest renovations of all. Bathrooms renos can have many hidden expenses.
Problems can easily emerge as soon as the tradies are on site. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be fixed, so having a 20 percent buffer in your remodelling budget is best.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room reno done right
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bath room renovation project from demolition to completion and organise the proper sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bath room remodelling job yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive should you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see waterproofing tools at their hardware store and attempt to do the waterproofing by themselves, but find out that the costs for fixing a leaking pipe in the future can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there usually are significant penalties, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom need to be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches later on if you need a replacement part.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated water lines. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you to upgrade your pipes, but its crucial to do it – especially if you have water pipes in the floors and walls (that was used in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the plumbing lines. It is recommend replacing all water pipes and the connections with copper or perhaps reliable plastic piping.
5. Do… avoid over spending. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have dreamed of since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this investment? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might reflected in the price you get when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move pipes whenever you can avoid doing so. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and thats great news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may need to be reworked to suit new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted sink .
7. Do… consider the positives and negatives of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs from the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves room? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for things like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it could be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning your project , because you may end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to modify it, it’s your cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote