Bathroom Contractor North Parramatta Small Bathroom Design Ideas
Suggestions For Successful Bath Room Restorations.
There is a reason why bath room renovations on home renovation remodelling tv shows often deliver probably the most wow factor – an excellent bathroom reno can transform a damp, dated bath room in to something beautiful and practical. That being said, the process involves many trades and know-how that its also one of the the toughest remodels of all. Bathrooms remodels can have lots of hidden costs.
Problems can easily emerge as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites can be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home may not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty % allowance in your renovation budget is best.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room renovation done right
1. It highly suggested that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who is able to manage your bath room renovation project from demolition to completion and arrange the correct sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bath room renovation job yourself, if you dont possess little to no expertise, can be very stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive should you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Water proofing your bath room for example should be done by licensed tradie. People see water proofing tools at their local hardware store and attempt to do the waterproofing by themselves, but find out that the costs of fixing a leak later on can be very expensive. The same for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are significant fines, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bathroom must be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable brands will also mean less headaches later on if you want spare parts.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you that you need to update your plumbing, but its important to do it – especially should you have pipes inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced as a result of sediment formed in the water pipes. Its recommend replacing all plumbing lines along with the connections with copper or maybe reliable plastic pipes.
5. Do… steer clear of over spending. Its very easy to spend too much, especially if you purchase expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have wanted ever since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this investment? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner which may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might reflected in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move pipes when you can avoid doing so. Keeping the identical layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and thats very good news for your budget, but bear in mind that water pipes may need to be replaced to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity .
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for items like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it could be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting a project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to change it, it’s your cost.
For A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote