Bathroom Contractors Alexandria For Bathroom Remodel
Tips For Profitable Bath Room Restorations.
There is a reason why bath room renovations on home renovation remodelling tv shows often deliver the most wow factor – an excellent bathroom remodel can change a damp, outdated bath room in to something amazing and functional. That said, the remodelling involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the toughest renovations of all. Bathrooms remodels can have plenty of hidden costs.
Issues can easily emerge once the tradies show up. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not be in compliance with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a 20 percent buffer in your remodelling budget is best.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom reno done right
1. It highly suggested that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom remodelling project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and install the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bathroom remodelling project from demo to completion and arrange the correct sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bathroom remodelling job yourself, if you dont possess little to no practical knowledge, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive if you make errors an experienced builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Waterproofing your bath room for example should be done by licensed tradie. People see water proofing tools at their local hardware store and try to do the waterproofing by themselves, but find out that the costs of fixing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are significant penalties, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… purchase products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bath room must be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable brands will mean less headaches later on if you need spare parts.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you that you have to update your pipes, but its important to do it – especially in case you have water pipes in the floors and walls (that was used in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the plumbing lines. It is recommend replacing all piping along with the connections with copper or maybe reliable plastic piping.
5. Do… stay clear of over capitalising. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you purchase expensive taps, tiles and that heated toilet seat that youve dreamed of ever since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you plan to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which may be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you get when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move water pipes when you can help it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and thats very good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may need to be reworked to suit new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity .
7. Do… consider the pluses and minuses of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a loo that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves space? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may follow standard heights and it could be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before beginning a project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to modify it, it’s your cost.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote