Bathroom Contractor Randwick For Bathroom Renovation Ideas
Suggestions For Successful Bathroom Restorations.
There is a good reason why bath room remodels on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver probably the most wow factor – a fantastic bathroom remodel can change a damp, outdated bathroom in to something amazing and practical. That said, the remodelling involves a good deal of trades and know-how that its also on the list of the hardest renovations of all. Bathrooms renos can have lots of hidden costs.
Issues can easily emerge once the tradies are on site. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home may not comply with current plumbing codes and may need to be repaired, so having a twenty % buffer in your renovation budget is ideal.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room restoration done right
1. It highly recommended that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room reno project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bath room renovation project from demo to completion and organise the proper sequence of trades. Tying to manage your bath room reno job yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be very stressful, overwhelming and potentially very costly should you make errors an experienced builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see water proofing tools at their local hardware store and attempt to do the waterproofing by themselves, but discover that the costs for fixing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are usually significant fines, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… purchase products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your infatuation with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable manufacturers will also mean less headaches down the track if you want a spare part.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated piping. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you that you need to update your water lines, but its crucial to do it – especially should you have plumbing in the floors and walls (that was used in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed inside the piping. Its recommend updating all piping as well as the connections with copper or even reliable plastic water lines.
5. Do… avoid over capitalising. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have dreamed of since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner which may be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you get when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move plumbing pipes when you can avoid it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and thats very good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be reworked to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity .
7. Do… consider the benefits and drawbacks of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for things like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may follow standard heights and it can be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to change it, it’s your cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote