Bathroom Contractors Manly For Bedroom Renovation
Tips For Successful Bathroom Restorations.
There’s a reason why bathroom remodels on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide probably the most wow factor – a fantastic bath room renovation can transform a damp, dated bathroom into something amazing and functional. That being said, the process involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the hardest renos of all. Bathrooms renovations can have plenty of hidden costs.
Problems can easily pop up as soon as the tradies are on site. For example termites can be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be repaired, so having a twenty percent buffer in your reno budget is recommended.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom remodelling done right
1. It highly suggested that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom remodelling project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room remodelling project from demolition to completion and arrange the correct sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bathroom remodelling job yourself, if you dont possess little to no experience, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very expensive if you make errors a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing tools at their local hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs of fixing a leak later on can be very expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there are generally significant fines, and it can result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… purchase products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and selecting reputable brands will mean less headaches later on when you need replacement parts.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated pipes. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you that you need to update your water lines, but its crucial to do it – especially if you have plumbing in the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced as a result of sediment formed inside the water lines. Its recommend replacing all water pipes as well as the connections with copper or even reliable plastic water lines.
5. Do… steer clear of over spending. Its easy to spend too much, especially if you purchase expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have dreamed of since your trip to Japan. Remember if you plan to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which might be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move pipes if youre able to avoid it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and thats good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may need to be reworked to accommodate new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity .
7. Do… consider the benefits and drawbacks of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for such things as benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it is usually costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning your project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in the contract so if I have to change it, It will be cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote