Bathroom Contractor Richmond For Bathroom Renovations
Suggestions For Successful Bath Room Renovations.
There is a good reason why bath room remodels on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide probably the most wow factor – an excellent bathroom reno can transform a damp, outdated bath room into something amazing and functional. That being said, the process involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also among the the toughest remodels of all. Bathrooms renos can have a lot of hidden expenses.
Problems can easily pop up once the tradies show up. For example termites can be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not be in compliance with current plumbing codes and may need to be fixed, so having a 20 % buffer in your reno budget is recommended.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room reconstruction done right
1. It highly suggested that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom remodelling project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and mount the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room remodelling project from demolition to completion and arrange the proper sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bathroom remodelling job yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very expensive should you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see water proofing gear at their local hardware store and try to do the water proofing by themselves, but find out that the costs for fixing a leaking pipe in the future can be very expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there are generally significant fines, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance has not been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bath room have to be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches later on if you need spare parts.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old pipes. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you that you have to update your piping, but its crucial to do it – especially in case you have plumbing in the floors and walls (that was used in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced as a result of sediment formed inside the water lines. It is recommend updating all piping as well as the connections with copper or perhaps reputable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… stay clear of over spending. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have dreamed of ever since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you plan to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might reflected in the price you get when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move piping whenever you can avoid doing so. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and thats good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may have to be reworked to accommodate new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted sink .
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a sophisticated look and saves room? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it could be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you may end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in the contract so if I have to change the contract, it’s your cost.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote