Bathroom Contractor Waterloo For Bathroom Remodel Ideas
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Profitable Bathroom Renos.
There is a reason why bathroom renovations on home renovation remodelling shows often provide probably the most wow factor – a great bathroom remodel can transform a damp, outdated bath room in to something beautiful and practical. That said, the process involves a lot of trades and know-how that its also among the the most difficult renos of all. Bathrooms remodels can have lots of hidden costs.
Problems can quickly pop up as soon as the tradies are on site. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty % allowance in your remodelling budget is ideal.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom renovation done right
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom remodelling project. Plumbers only install the pipework and install the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room reno project from demolition to completion and organise the correct sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bathroom remodelling project yourself, if you dont have little to no practical knowledge, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very expensive if you make mistakes a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider Do It Yourself. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed contractor. People see water proofing tools at their local hardware store and try to do the waterproofing by themselves, but discover that the costs for repairing a leak in the future can be very expensive. The same for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are generally significant penalties, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance has not been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,end your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom must be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches later on if you want a replacement part.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you to update your pipes, but its crucial to do it – especially if you have pipes inside the floors and walls (that was used in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed in the piping. It is recommend updating all pipes along with the connections with copper or perhaps reliable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… stay clear of over spending. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you purchase expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have wanted since your trip to Japan. Remember if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner which may be suit your style but not necessarily the new home owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move plumbing pipes whenever you can help it. Keeping the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and thats very good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be replaced to suit new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted sink .
7. Do… consider the pluses and minuses of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a loo that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a sophisticated look and saves room? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for things like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it can be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you might end up with your tradie telling you, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in the contract so if I need to change the contract, It will be cost.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote