Best Bathroom Renovators In Mortlake
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Successful Bath Room Restorations.
There is a reason why bath room remodels on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide the most wow factor – an excellent bathroom remodel can transform a damp, dated bath room in to something beautiful and functional. That being said, the process involves a good deal of trades and know-how that its also on the list of the hardest remodels of all. Bathrooms renovations can have many hidden expenses.
Issues can easily emerge as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites may be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not be in compliance with current plumbing standards and may need to be fixed, so having a twenty % buffer in your remodelling budget is recommended.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room reconstruction done correctly
1. It highly suggested that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room renovation project. Plumbers only run the pipe work and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can oversee your bathroom remodelling project from demo to completion and organise the correct sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bath room reno job yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive if you make errors a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Water proofing your bath room for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see water proofing equipment at their hardware store and try to do the waterproofing themselves, but discover that the costs for fixing a leak in the future can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there usually are significant penalties, and it could result in disaster if an appliance has not been installed correctly.
3. Do… purchase products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room must be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and choosing reputable brands will also mean less headaches later on if you want a spare part.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Great Mackerel Beach For How Much Does It Cost To Redo A Bathroom.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated piping. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you that you need to update your water lines, but its crucial to do it – especially should you have piping inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed inside the pipes. Its recommend replacing all pipes as well as the connections with copper or reputable plastic piping.
5. Do… steer clear of over spending. Its easy to spend too much, especially if you purchase expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toilet seat that youve dreamed of ever since your trip to Japan. Remember if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner which might be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move water pipes when you can avoid it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may have to be replaced to suit new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted sink.
7. Do… consider the pros and cons of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves space? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things such as benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it could be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to modify the contract, It will be cost.
Best Bathroom Renovations In Birchgrove For How Much Does It Cost To Redo A Bathroom.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote