Top Bathroom Renovations In Bligh Park
Suggestions For Profitable Bathroom Restorations.
There is a good reason why bathroom remodels on home renovation remodelling shows often provide probably the most wow factor – a superb bath room remodel can change a damp, outdated bath room in to something amazing and practical. That said, the process involves a good deal of trades and know-how that its also among the the most difficult remodels of all. Bathrooms remodels can have many hidden costs.
Issues can easily emerge once the tradies show up. For example termites may be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house may not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a 20 % allowance in your remodelling budget is best.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom reno done right
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom reno project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and install the fixtures. Hire a builder who is able to manage your bath room reno project from demo to completion and arrange the proper sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bath room renovation job yourself, if you dont have little to no experience, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very costly should you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider Do It Yourself. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be done by licensed tradie. People see water proofing gear at their local hardware store and try to do the waterproofing by themselves, but discover that the costs of repairing a leak later on can be astronomically expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there are generally significant penalties, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches down the track if you want replacement parts.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Bardwell Park For Master Bathroom Remodel.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated water lines. Your eyes may glaze over in the event the plumber tells you that you need to update your piping, but its crucial to do it – especially if you have water pipes in the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed inside the plumbing lines. Its recommend replacing all piping in addition to the connections with copper or reputable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… stay clear of over spending. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you purchase expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toilet seat that youve wanted since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this investment? Because what youre doing is making a choice for a new owner that may be suit your style but not necessarily the new home owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move plumbing pipes when you can avoid doing so. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may have to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted sink.
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things such as benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may stick to standard heights and it can be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning your project , because you might end up with your tradie telling you, Well, since you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in the contract so if I have to modify it, It will be cost.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Wolli Creek For Master Bathroom Remodel.
For A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote