Best Bathroom Renovators In Mount Pritchard
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Successful Bathroom Renovations.
There’s a good reason why bathroom renovations on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver the most wow factor – a great bath room remodel can transform a damp, outdated bath room in to something beautiful and functional. That being said, the process involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the most difficult renovations of all. Bathrooms renovations can have lots of hidden costs.
Issues can quickly pop up once the tradies show up. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not be in compliance with current plumbing codes and may need to be addressed, so having a 20 % allowance in your reno budget is ideal.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room restoration done right
1. It highly recommended that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room renovation project. Plumbers only run the pipework and install the fixtures. Engage a builder who can oversee your bathroom reno project from demolition to completion and organise the correct sequence of trades. Tying to manage your bath room renovation project yourself, if you dont possess little to no expertise, can be very stressful, overwhelming and potentially very costly should you make errors an experienced builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider Do It Yourself. Water proofing your bath room for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see water proofing gear at their hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs of fixing a leaking pipe in the future can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there are significant penalties, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,put aside your love affair with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bath room need to be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and selecting reputable brands will also mean less headaches later on when you need spare parts.
Best Bathroom Renovations In Vaucluse For Bathtub Designs.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you to update your water lines, but its crucial to do it – especially in case you have pipes inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed inside the pipes. It is recommend updating all plumbing lines and the connections with copper or reliable plastic piping.
5. Do… steer clear of over spending. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have dreamed of since your trip to Japan. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move water pipes if you’re able to avoid it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but bear in mind that water pipes may need to be reworked to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves room? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for items like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it is usually costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you may end up with your tradie telling you, Well, since you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to change the contract, It will be cost.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Arncliffe For Bathtub Designs.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote