Best Bathroom Renovations In Emu Plains
Suggestions For Successful Bath Room Renos.
There’s a good reason why bath room renos on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver probably the most wow factor – a superb bathroom reno can transform a damp, dated bath room in to something amazing and practical. That being said, the remodelling involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the toughest remodels of all. Bathrooms renovations can have a lot of hidden costs.
Problems can easily pop up as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home may not be in compliance with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty % allowance in your reno budget is ideal.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom restoration done correctly
1. It highly suggested that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room reno project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room remodelling project from demo to completion and arrange the proper sequence of trades. Tying to manage your bathroom remodelling project yourself, if you dont possess little to no practical knowledge, can be very stressful, overwhelming and possibly very costly if you make errors an experienced builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider Do It Yourself. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing tools at their local hardware store and attempt to do the waterproofing themselves, but discover that the costs of repairing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are significant fines, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance has not been installed correctly.
3. Do… purchase products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and choosing reputable brands will mean less headaches down the track when you need replacement parts.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Waterloo For How Much To Renovate A Bathroom.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you to upgrade your plumbing, but its important to do it – especially if you have pipes in the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced as a result of sediment formed in the piping. It is recommend replacing all water pipes as well as the connections with copper or maybe reliable plastic piping.
5. Do… stay clear of over spending. Its very easy to spend too much, especially if you purchase expensive taps, tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have wanted ever since your trip to Japan. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this investment? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new home owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move piping when you can avoid it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may need to be replaced to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a sophisticated look and saves room? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for such things as benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may stick to standard heights and it can be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning a project , because you might end up with your tradie telling you, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in the contract so if I need to modify it, It will be cost.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Moorebank For How Much To Renovate A Bathroom.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote