Best Bathroom Renovators In St Helens Park
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Successful Bathroom Restorations.
There is a good reason why bath room remodels on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver the most wow factor – a great bathroom remodel can change a damp, dated bath room in to something amazing and practical. That being said, the remodelling involves many trades and know-how that its also one of the the toughest renovations of all. Bathrooms renovations can have lots of hidden expenses.
Issues can easily pop up as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing codes and may need to be fixed, so having a 20 percent allowance in your remodelling budget is recommended.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom reconstruction done correctly
1. It highly recommended that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom remodelling project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and install the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bathroom reno project from demolition to completion and organise the correct sequence of trades. Attempting to manage your bath room remodelling job yourself, if you dont possess little to no experience, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive should you make mistakes a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing equipment at their hardware store and try to do the waterproofing by themselves, but discover that the costs for fixing a leak later on can be astronomically expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there usually are significant penalties, and it may lead to in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… buy products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom must be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will also mean less headaches later on if you’d like a spare part.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Moorebank For Bathroom Renovation Contractor.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old water pipes. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you to update your pipes, but its crucial to do it – especially should you have water pipes in the floors and walls (that was used in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed inside the water pipes. Its recommend replacing all water pipes and the connections with copper or reputable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… steer clear of over spending. Its very easy to spend too much, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have wanted since your trip to Asia. Remember if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner which may be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move plumbing pipes if you can avoid it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may have to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted sink.
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves room? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for items like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may stick to standard heights and it could be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you may end up with your tradie telling you, Well, because you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to modify the contract, it’s your cost.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Hunters Hill For Bathroom Renovation Contractor.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote