Top Bathroom Renovators In Oatley
Tips For Successful Bathroom Restorations.
There is a reason why bathroom renos on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver the most wow factor – an excellent bathroom reno can transform a damp, dated bathroom in to something beautiful and functional. That said, the remodelling involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also among the the hardest renos of all. Bathrooms remodels can have lots of hidden costs.
Problems can easily emerge as soon as the tradies are on site. For example termites can be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house may not be in compliance with current plumbing standards and may need to be fixed, so having a 20 percent buffer in your remodelling budget is ideal.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom renovation done right
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom remodelling project. Plumbers only install the pipework and install the fixtures. Engage a builder who can oversee your bath room remodelling project from demo to completion and arrange the correct sequence of trades. Attempting to manage your bath room remodelling job yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be very stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive if you make mistakes a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider Do It Yourself. Water proofing your bath room for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing tools at their local hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs of fixing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. The same for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are significant penalties, and it could result in disaster if an appliance has not been installed properly.
3. Do… buy products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom have to be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches later on if you want replacement parts.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Merrylands West For Custom Bathroom Renovations.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated piping. Your eyes may glaze over in the event the plumber tells you that you need to update your pipes, but its important to do it – especially if you have water pipes inside the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed inside the piping. Its recommend replacing all piping and the connections with copper or maybe reliable plastic water lines.
5. Do… avoid over capitalising. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you purchase expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have dreamed of since your trip to Japan. Remember if you plan to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might reflected in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move water pipes when you can avoid it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s very good news for your budget, but bear in mind that water pipes may have to be replaced to suit new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted sink.
7. Do… consider the pros and cons of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves room? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may follow standard heights and it can be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you might end up with your tradie telling you, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in the contract so if I need to change the contract, it’s your cost.
Best Bathroom Renovations In Strathfield South For Custom Bathroom Renovations.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote