Best Bathroom Renovators In Roselands
Tips For Profitable Bathroom Renovations.
There is a good reason why bathroom remodels on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide probably the most wow factor – an excellent bath room renovation can transform a damp, dated bath room in to something amazing and practical. That being said, the remodelling involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also on the list of the most difficult renos of all. Bathrooms renos can have a great deal of hidden expenses.
Problems can quickly pop up once the tradies are on site. For example termites can be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be repaired, so having a twenty percent allowance in your renovation budget is recommended.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room reno done correctly
1. It highly recommended that you use a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bathroom remodelling project from demolition to completion and arrange the correct sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bathroom remodelling job yourself, if you dont have little to no experience, can be very stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive should you make errors a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Water proofing your bath room for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing tools at their hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs for repairing a leak later on can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are usually significant penalties, and it could result in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… purchase products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom should be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and choosing reputable brands will mean less headaches down the track if you need a replacement part.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Cammeray For Small Bathroom Renovation Ideas.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old water pipes. Your eyes may glaze over in the event the plumber tells you that you need to upgrade your piping, but its crucial to do it – especially in case you have water pipes inside the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed in the plumbing lines. Its recommend replacing all water lines in addition to the connections with copper or reputable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… stay clear of over capitalising. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toiletseat that youve wanted since your trip to Japan. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new home owners which might reflected in the price you get when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move piping whenever you can help it. Keeping the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s very good news for your budget, but bear in mind that water pipes may have to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the pluses and minuses of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves space? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things such as benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it might be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting your project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, since you didn’t raise it with me and its not in the contract so if I need to modify it, it’s your cost.
Best Bathroom Renovators In Tamarama For Small Bathroom Renovation Ideas.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote