Top Bathroom Renovations In Dover Heights
Tips For Profitable Bathroom Renovations.
There’s a good reason why bathroom renovations on home renovation remodelling shows often provide the most wow factor – a great bathroom reno can transform a damp, outdated bathroom into something beautiful and practical. That being said, the remodelling involves many trades and knowledge that its also among the the toughest renos of all. Bathrooms renovations can have plenty of hidden expenses.
Problems can easily emerge once the tradies are on site. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing codes and may need to be addressed, so having a 20 percent allowance in your remodelling budget is ideal.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room renovation done right
1. It highly recommended that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can oversee your bathroom reno project from demolition to completion and arrange the proper sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bathroom remodelling project yourself, if you dont have little to no practical knowledge, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very costly if you make errors a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing tools at their hardware store and try to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs of fixing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are usually significant fines, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… purchase products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room have to be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable brands will also mean less headaches later on when you need spare parts.
Best Bathroom Renovators In Denistone East For Remodeling Your Bathroom.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old pipes. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you that you have to update your piping, but its important to do it – especially should you have water pipes in the floors and walls (that was used in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed inside the water lines. Its recommend updating all pipes in addition to the connections with copper or reputable plastic pipes.
5. Do… steer clear of over capitalising. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have wanted since your trip to Asia. Remember if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which might be suit your style but not necessarily the new home owners which might reflected in the price you get when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move pipes when you can avoid it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may need to be replaced to suit new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the pros and cons of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves space? Well, the cost is a bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it can be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these issues before beginning a project , because you may end up with your tradie telling you, Well, since you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to change it, It will be cost.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Darling Point For Remodeling Your Bathroom.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote