Best Bathroom Renovations In Kurnell
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Profitable Bathroom Renos.
There’s a good reason why bath room remodels on home renovation remodelling tv shows often provide the most wow factor – a good bathroom reno can change a damp, outdated bath room in to something beautiful and functional. That being said, the process involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also on the list of the toughest remodels of all. Bathrooms renovations can have many hidden expenses.
Problems can easily pop up once the tradies are on site. For example termites may be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not comply with current plumbing codes and may need to be repaired, so having a 20 percent allowance in your remodelling budget is best.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom reconstruction done right
1. It highly recommended that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom renovation project. Plumbers only run the pipework and install the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bathroom remodelling project from demo to completion and organise the correct sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bath room reno job yourself, if you dont possess little to no experience, can be very stressful, overwhelming and potentially very costly if you make mistakes a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Waterproofing your bath room for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see waterproofing gear at their local hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs for fixing a leaking pipe later on can be astronomically expensive. The same for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there usually are significant fines, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… purchase products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable brands will also mean less headaches down the track when you need a spare part.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Lurnea For Simple Bathroom Renovations.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated water lines. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you that you have to update your water lines, but its crucial to do it – especially should you have water pipes inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced because of sediment formed in the water pipes. Its recommend replacing all pipes and the connections with copper or reputable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… stay clear of over capitalising. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have wanted ever since your trip to Japan. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner which might be suit your style but not necessarily the new home owners which might reflected in the price you receive when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move pipes if you’re able to avoid doing so. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may need to be replaced to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted sink.
7. Do… consider the positives and negatives of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it could be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning your project , because you may end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to modify the contract, It will be cost.
Best Bathroom Renovators In Gordon For Simple Bathroom Renovations.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote