Top Bathroom Renovators In Blacktown
Suggestions For Successful Bath Room Renovations.
There’s a good reason why bathroom remodels on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver probably the most wow factor – a good bathroom renovation can transform a damp, outdated bathroom into something beautiful and practical. That being said, the remodelling involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also on the list of the hardest renovations of all. Bathrooms renovations can have plenty of hidden costs.
Issues can quickly emerge once the tradies show up. For example termites may be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty % allowance in your remodelling budget is ideal.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room renovation done correctly
1. It highly suggested that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room remodelling project. Plumbers only run the pipework and install the fixtures. Engage a builder who can oversee your bath room reno project from demo to completion and organise the proper sequence of trades. Tying to manage your bath room renovation job yourself, if you dont have little to no experience, can be very stressful, overwhelming and possibly very costly should you make mistakes a builder wouldve avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see waterproofing tools at their hardware store and attempt to do the waterproofing themselves, but find out that the costs of repairing a leak in the future can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there are usually significant penalties, and it may result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed properly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room should be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches down the track when you need replacement parts.
Top Bathroom Renovators In East Killara For Bathroom Remodel Estimate.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old pipes. Your eyes may glaze over in the event the plumber tells you to update your plumbing, but its crucial to do it – especially should you have water lines in the floors and walls (that was installed in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed inside the plumbing lines. It is recommend replacing all pipes and the connections with copper or reliable plastic water lines.
5. Do… avoid over spending. Its very easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toilet seat that youve dreamed of ever since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this money? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new home owners which might reflected in the price you get when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move piping whenever you can help it. Keeping the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be reworked to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the pluses and minuses of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs from the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that you are if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it must be installed before the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for things such as benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it might be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning a project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in the contract so if I need to modify the contract, it’s your cost.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Enmore For Bathroom Remodel Estimate.
To Receive A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote