Top Bathroom Renovations In Little Bay
Suggestions For Profitable Bath Room Restorations.
There is a reason why bathroom remodels on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver the most wow factor – a superb bath room reno can change a damp, dated bath room in to something beautiful and functional. That said, the remodelling involves many trades and knowledge that its also among the the hardest renos of all. Bathrooms renos can have plenty of hidden expenses.
Problems can easily emerge once the tradies show up. For example termites can be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home may not comply with current plumbing codes and may need to be addressed, so having a 20 % allowance in your reno budget is best.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom remodelling done correctly
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bathroom renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who can manage your bath room reno project from demo to completion and organise the proper sequence of trades. Tying to manage your bath room reno project yourself, if you dont possess little to no experience, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very expensive should you make mistakes an experienced builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even consider DIY. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed tradie. People see waterproofing gear at their hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing themselves, but discover that the costs for fixing a leak later on can be astronomically expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are usually significant fines, and it could result in disaster if an appliance has not been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your love affair with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom must be covered by an Australian Standards Water Mark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches later on when you need a replacement part.
Best Bathroom Renovators In Bondi Beach For All New Bathroom Renovations.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated piping. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you to update your plumbing, but its important to do it – especially if you have plumbing in the floors and walls (that was installed in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the piping. It is recommend replacing all water pipes as well as the connections with copper or even reliable plastic water lines.
5. Do… steer clear of over capitalising. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you buy expensive taps, tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have wanted ever since your trip to Japan. Remember if you intend to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this investment? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner which might be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move pipes if you can avoid it. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s great news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be replaced to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the advantages and disadvantages of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a toilet that hangs out from the wall, gives your bathroom a sophisticated look and saves space? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for things such as benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may adhere to standard heights and it may be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these issues before starting a project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in your contract so if I have to change it, It will be cost.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Rosemeadow For All New Bathroom Renovations.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote