Top Bathroom Renovations In Dangar Island
Suggestions For Profitable Bathroom Renos.
There is a reason why bath room renos on home renovation remodelling shows often deliver probably the most wow factor – a great bathroom remodel can change a damp, dated bath room in to something beautiful and practical. That said, the process involves a lot of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the hardest remodels of all. Bathrooms remodels can have lots of hidden expenses.
Issues can easily pop up once the tradies are on site. For example termites can be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your house might not be in compliance with current plumbing codes and may need to be addressed, so having a 20 percent allowance in your remodelling budget is ideal.
Here are the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bathroom remodelling done right
1. It highly recommended that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipe work and install the fixtures. Engage a builder who is able to oversee your bathroom renovation project from demo to completion and arrange the proper sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bathroom reno job yourself, if you dont have little to no practical knowledge, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very costly should you make errors a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about Do It Yourself. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing equipment at their hardware store and attempt to do the water proofing by themselves, but discover that the costs of repairing a leak later on can be very expensive. Ditto for Do It Yourself plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are usually significant fines, and it can result in in disaster if an appliance has not been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,end your infatuation with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bathroom need to be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will mean less headaches later on if you want spare parts.
Best Bathroom Renovations In Eschol Park For Small Bathroom Design Ideas.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore old plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you that you need to upgrade your plumbing, but its crucial to do it – especially should you have water lines inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the piping. Its recommend updating all pipes as well as the connections with copper or even reliable plastic water lines.
5. Do… stay clear of over capitalising. Its easy to go overboard, especially if you purchase expensive taps, floor tiles and that heated toilet seat that youve wanted ever since your trip to Asia. Remember if you plan to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new owners which might reflected in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move pipes if you can avoid doing so. Keeping exactly the same layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – such as a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the benefits and drawbacks of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the space for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for things like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it could be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before starting a project , because you might end up with your tradie telling you, Well, because you didn’t raise it with me and its not in the contract so if I have to modify it, It will be cost.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Bringelly For Small Bathroom Design Ideas.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote