Top Bathroom Renovators In Putney
Do’s And Don’t’s Of Successful Bathroom Renos.
There is a good reason why bath room renovations on home renovation remodelling tv shows often deliver the most wow factor – a good bathroom renovation can transform a damp, dated bathroom in to something amazing and practical. That being said, the remodelling involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the toughest renos of all. Bathrooms renovations can have plenty of hidden costs.
Issues can quickly pop up once the tradies are on site. For example termites can be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home might not be in compliance with current plumbing codes and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty % buffer in your reno budget is best.
Discover the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room renovation done correctly
1. It highly suggested that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room remodelling project. Plumbers only run the pipework and install the fixtures. Hire a builder who can oversee your bath room renovation project from demo to completion and arrange the correct sequence of tradies. Tying to manage your bathroom remodelling project yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be stressful, overwhelming and possibly very expensive if you make errors a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about Do It Yourself. Water proofing your bathroom for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see waterproofing gear at their local hardware store and try to do the waterproofing themselves, but discover that the costs for repairing a leaking pipe later on can be very expensive. Ditto for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your house insurance – there are generally significant fines, and it could result in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… purchase products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All products installed in a bathroom should be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it doesn’t, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and choosing reputable brands will mean less headaches later on if you need a replacement part.
Best Bathroom Renovations In Allambie Heights For How Much To Redo A Bathroom.
To Receive A FREE Quote Click Here Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated piping. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you to update your pipes, but its crucial to do it – especially if you have water lines inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed inside the pipes. Its recommend replacing all water lines in addition to the connections with copper or maybe reputable plastic water pipes.
5. Do… avoid over spending. Its very easy to spend too much, especially if you purchase expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toilet seat that youve dreamed of ever since your trip to Japan. Keep in mind if you intend to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what you are doing is making a decision for a new owner which might be suit your style but not necessarily the new owners which might show in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move water pipes if you can avoid doing so. Keeping the identical layout for your bathroom means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s great news for your budget, but remember that water pipes may need to be reworked to suit new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung vanity thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the pluses and minuses of recessed cisterns. Whats not to love about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a contemporary look and saves space? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to nominate the heights for things like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it might be costly having to redo the work. Its very important to discuss these important issues before beginning your project , because you might end up with your tradie saying, Well, because you didn’t raise it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to modify it, It will be cost.
Best Bathroom Renovators In Dover Heights For How Much To Redo A Bathroom.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote