Top Bathroom Renovations In Chester Hill
Suggestions For Successful Bathroom Renovations.
There’s a reason why bath room renos on home renovation remodelling tv shows often deliver probably the most wow factor – a good bathroom renovation can transform a damp, dated bath room into something amazing and practical. That said, the process involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the toughest renos of all. Bathrooms renos can have many hidden expenses.
Issues can quickly pop up as soon as the tradies show up. For example termites can be revealed from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home may not be in compliance with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty percent buffer in your reno budget is best.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room restoration done correctly
1. It highly recommended that you hire a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room renovation project. Plumbers only install the pipework and mount the fixtures. Engage a builder who is able to oversee your bath room remodelling project from demolition to completion and arrange the proper sequence of tradies. Attempting to manage your bath room renovation project yourself, if you dont have little to no experience, can be very stressful, overwhelming and potentially very costly if you make mistakes a builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about Do It Yourself. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be completed by licensed contractor. People see water proofing equipment at their hardware store and try to do the water proofing themselves, but find out that the costs of repairing a leak in the future can be astronomically expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your property insurance – there are generally significant penalties, and it can result in in disaster if an appliance hasnt been installed correctly.
3. Do… buy products that comply with Australian standards. In other words,put aside your infatuation with the imported Italian shower head that plays Vivaldi whilst you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bathroom need to be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally allowed to install it. Buying from specialist bathroom stores and selecting reputable manufacturers will also mean less headaches down the track when you need a spare part.
Top Bathroom Renovations In Sefton For New Bathroom Designs.
For A FREE Quote Visit Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated water pipes. Your eyes may glaze over when the plumber tells you that you have to upgrade your pipes, but its important to do it – especially in case you have piping inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses in the 1960s). Youll notice the water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed in the plumbing lines. Its recommend replacing all water lines and the connections with copper or even reputable plastic piping.
5. Do… steer clear of over capitalising. Its easy to spend too much, especially if you purchase expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toiletseat that you have dreamed of ever since your trip to Japan. Remember if you plan to sell your house in the future, ask yourself, will I make back this money? Because what youre doing is making a decision for a new owner that may be suit your taste but not necessarily the new home owners which might reflected in the price you receive when you decide to sell your home.
6. Don’t… move water lines if you’re able to help it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont have to touch the drainage pipes and that’s great news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the positives and negatives of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a toilet that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves room? Well, the cost is a tad bit more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are planning to install an in-duct cistern, as it has to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted as well as tiled. The buttons are then installed after the tiling is completed.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for items like benches and showers. If you dont, the builder or plumber may abide by standard heights and it might be costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these issues before beginning your project , because you might end up with your tradie telling you, Well, since you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in your contract so if I need to modify the contract, it’s your cost.
Top Bathroom Renovators In Rossmore For New Bathroom Designs.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote