Top Bathroom Renovators In Wallacia
Tips For Profitable Bathroom Renos.
There’s a good reason why bath room renos on home renovation remodelling shows often provide probably the most wow factor – a great bath room reno can transform a damp, outdated bath room in to something amazing and functional. That being said, the remodelling involves a good deal of trades and knowledge that its also one of the the toughest renos of all. Bathrooms renovations can have a lot of hidden costs.
Issues can quickly pop up as soon as the tradies are on site. For example termites can be uncovered from a leaking shower pipe, or your home home might not comply with current plumbing standards and may need to be addressed, so having a twenty percent buffer in your remodelling budget is best.
Learn the the do’s and don’t’s of getting your bath room restoration done correctly
1. It highly suggested that you employ a builder, not a plumber, to manage your bath room reno project. Plumbers only run the pipework and install the fixtures. Hire a builder who can manage your bath room reno project from demolition to completion and organise the correct sequence of trades. Attempting to manage your bath room renovation project yourself, if you dont have little to no expertise, can be stressful, overwhelming and potentially very expensive should you make mistakes an experienced builder would have avoided.
2. Don’t… even think about DIY. Waterproofing your bathroom for example should be done by licensed contractor. People see water proofing gear at their hardware store and attempt to do the waterproofing themselves, but find out that the costs for repairing a leaking pipe in the future can be very expensive. The same for DIY plumbing, doing it can voids your home insurance – there are usually significant penalties, and it can result in in disaster if an appliance has not been installed properly.
3. Do… purchase products that conform to Australian standards. In other words,put aside your love affair with the imported Italian showerhead that plays Vivaldi while you’re beneath it. All of the products installed in a bath room have to be covered by an Australian Standards WaterMark. If it does not, the plumber isn’t legally permitted to install it. Buying from specialist bath room stores and choosing reputable brands will mean less headaches later on when you need a replacement part.
Best Bathroom Renovations In Flemington For Average Price To Renovate A Bathroom.
For A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote
4. Don’t… ignore outdated plumbing. Your eyes may glaze over if your plumber tells you to upgrade your plumbing, but its important to do it – especially in case you have pipes inside the floors and walls (that was installed in houses from the 1960s). Youll notice water pressure is significantly reduced due to sediment formed inside the pipes. Its recommend replacing all water pipes as well as the connections with copper or even reputable plastic piping.
5. Do… stay clear of over capitalising. Its very easy to spend too much, especially if you buy expensive taps, bathroom tiles and that heated toilet seat that you have wanted ever since your trip to Asia. Keep in mind if you plan to sell your home in the future, ask yourself, will I recoup this money? Because what you are doing is making a choice for a new owner which might be suit your style but not necessarily the new home owners which might show in the price you get when you decide to sell your house.
6. Don’t… move plumbing pipes if you’re able to avoid it. Keeping the identical layout for your bath room means your plumber wont need to touch the drainage pipes and that’s good news for your budget, but be aware that water pipes may have to be replaced to accommodate new fixtures – like a mixer to replace taps, or a wall-hung sink thats replacing a floor mounted vanity.
7. Do… consider the benefits and drawbacks of recessed cisterns. Whats not to like about a loo that hangs out of the wall, gives your bathroom a modern look and saves space? Well, the cost is a little more, and you do need the room for the void behind it. Let your builder and plumber know that youre if you are nstalling an in-duct cistern, as it needs to be installed prior to the bathroom walls being sheeted and tiled. The buttons will then be installed after the tiling is finished.
8. Don’t… forget to define the heights for items like benches and showers. If you do not, the builder or plumber may stick to standard heights and it is usually costly having to redo things. Its very important to discuss these important issues before starting a project , because you may end up with your tradie telling you, Well, since you didn’t discuss it with me and its not in the contract so if I have to modify the contract, it’s your cost.
Best Bathroom Renovators In Chester Hill For Average Price To Renovate A Bathroom.
To Receive A FREE Quote Go To Request A FREE Quote